United Kingdom Internship Programme & Summer Employment
Posted March 23 2017
Warning: Use of undefined constant medium - assumed 'medium' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/bdalondo/public_html/wp-content/themes/bermuda/single.php on line 44
The Department of Workforce Development invites
Bermudians studying and currently residing in the UK to apply for the following work experience opportunities within the Government of Bermuda London Office.
- A paid internship for one intern from 3 July – 29 December 2017, inclusive.
- The successful intern can expect to gain a well-rounded international career exposure, with practical hands-on experience in working alongside the Government in its portfolio within the UK and EU.
- Applicants must hold Bermudian status and be a recent graduate in the field of Finance,
International Relations, Law or related subjects to International Diplomacy.
- Application Ref: UKINTRN17
Summer Employment Programme
- As part of the Workforce Summer Employment Programme one placement will be provided in London from 3 July – 31 August, 2017, inclusive.
- The criteria for acceptance into the Summer Employment Programme is as follows:
- Must be a student enrolled full-time in a college or university at the time of application submission.
- Have good academic standing.
- Provide two (2) written references from persons excluding relatives:
- a) Character reference (could be from a pastor, coach, mentor, etc.)
- b) Professional reference (from previous employer)
- c) Academic reference (from a professor, teacher, tutor)
- Submit a 300 – 500 word essay stating why you should be considered for the summer employment programme, your career aspirations and how you believe this employment opportunity will benefit your career goals.
- Provide a current résumé or curriculum vitae (CV).
- Application Ref: UKSUMR17
Interviews will be conducted in London.